White Paper Details
|Release Date:||4Q 2018|
The AI market is possibly one of the toughest to keep track of, as the pace of change is relentless. Making predictions is even harder for this market, as one tends to follow what is known as Amara’s Law, overestimating the potential of a technology in the short term and underestimating it in the longer term. Nevertheless, Tractica has identified 10 key predictions that cover various aspects of the ever-evolving AI market, based on our ongoing research and analysis including extensive primary research and interviews.
Key trends to watch in the AI market in 2019 will include the commercialization of promising technologies, the growth of new application markets, changes in hardware architectures and infrastructure to support AI deployments, and continuing evolution of business models and public policy issues. Tractica’s 10 key predictions for AI in 2019 include the following:
- Reinforcement learning will see greater adoption in the enterprise
- Meta learning will see baby steps in the enterprise domain
- On-premise data center spending for AI will increase
- GPUs will see real competition emerge in AI hardware
- AI-enabled pharmaceuticals will see multiple candidates reaching early trial phase
- Autonomous retail will replace autonomous vehicles in the new hype cycle
- The first major AI-based cyberattack will occur
- Google Duplex will be available on your smartphone
- “AI-first” business model will give way to “privacy-first AI”
- AI hyper nationalism will threaten global cooperation
This Tractica white paper identifies 10 key predictions for the AI market in 2019 and provides supporting details and examples behind each prediction. These trends draw from ongoing research and analysis that form part of Tractica’s Artificial Intelligence advisory service. The white paper is published in partnership with The AI Summit global series, which will include seven events around the world in 2019: London, Hong Kong, Singapore, San Francisco, Cape Town, and New York.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are some of the key technology and business trends that will define the AI market in 2019?
- What are some new AI technologies that will be introduced to the commercial market?
- Which new AI applications will be launched in 2019?
- How are hardware architectures and infrastructure changing to support and optimize AI initiatives?
- What are some of the key threats and risks in the AI market during the next year?
- How is public policy adapting to support new issues introduced by AI?
Who Needs This Report?
- Artificial intelligence technology companies
- Software companies
- Semiconductor and component vendors
- Service providers and systems integrators
- End-user organizations deploying AI systems
- Industry organizations
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- 10 Predictions for 2019
- Reinforcement Learning Will See Greater Adoption in the Enterprise
- Meta Learning Will See Baby Steps in the Enterprise Domain
- On-Premise Data Center Spending for AI Will Increase
- GPUs Will See Real Competition Emerge in AI Hardware
- AI-Enabled Pharmaceuticals Will See Multiple Candidates Reaching Early Trial Phase
- Autonomous Retail Will Replace Autonomous Vehicles in the New Hype Cycle
- The First Major AI-Based Cyberattack Will Occur
- Google Duplex Will Be Available on Your Smartphone
- “AI-First” Business Model Will Give Way to “Privacy-First AI”
- AI Hyper Nationalism Will Threaten Global Cooperation
- Additional Reading
- The AI Summit