|Price:||Log In to View|
|Publication Date:||4Q 2019|
The quantum computing market is a small but rapidly maturing one from the technology perspective. However, for quantum computing to succeed it needs the market in suitable applications to also mature. The quantum computing scientists will tell you: despite the progress the question remains if, not when, quantum computing will become mainstream. This statement on the future for quantum may make it seem as if it is a technology more relevant to a 2050 Trends to Watch than a 2020 one. However, the technology and the application use cases are evolving so fast that Ovum considers it the correct time to shine the spotlight on quantum technology.
This Ovum report examines important market trends in quantum computing and offers recommendations for enterprises and vendors. The report includes discussion of use cases, implications for the security area and the interface between classical and quantum computing
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are some of the challenges in the quantum computing market?
- What are specific uses cases that will be developed for quantum computing?
- What implications will quantum have in security?
- How is the knowledge base for quantum applications being built up?
- What is quantum volume and quantum supremacy?
- What is cycle benchmarking?
Who Needs This Report?
- Quantum computing (QC) hardware vendors
- QC software/middleware/algorithm developers
- AI companies
- Enterprise companies
- Professional services firms
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- Ovum View
- Key Messages
- Recommendations for enterprises
- Recommendations for vendors
- A Viable Quantum Computer Within the Next Decade?
- IBM considers quantum volume the metric to define progress
- Google announced it has reached quantum supremacy with a 54-Qubit computer
- Cycle benchmarking
- Developing Use-cases Will Aid Progress
- Solving problems with efficiency and effectiveness
- Classical and Quantum Computing
- Quantum communications will help determine the viability of any commercial quantum computer
- The linking of classical computing to quantum computing
- Skills Base is Being Built Up
- Leading vendors working with academia
- Further Reading