|Price:||Log In to View|
|Publication Date:||1Q 2020|
At the start of 2020 Ovum looks at what to expect with the increasing use of artificial intelligence (AI) in enterprise and industrial applications. Machine learning (ML) and deep learning within AI continues to dominate attention, but in practice Ovum finds that the wider range of ML techniques are often used in combination. For example, in intelligent virtual assistants, vendors use multiple technologies to build out natural language understanding (NLU) and natural language processing (NLP). These machine intelligent applications perform advanced tasks automatically and at scale and every industry is looking at how AI and the benefits it might offer can be applied. With the start of a new decade we also look further ahead at prospects for achieving narrow AI, which is the next challenge for the AI community.
The interest and activity in AI will continue to grow in the year ahead as it delivers value to businesses. This Ovum report includes discussion of autonomous vehicles, analog and photonic AI hardware accelerators, energy costs of hardware accelerators and autonomous operating systems.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are some recommendations for enterprises and vendors?
- What can be expected from autonomous driving vehicles within the next decade?
- What were some of the major technology trends over the past five years?
- What stages of development are analog and photonic accelerators approaching?
- What are some advantages of autonomous operating systems?
Who Needs This Report?
- Enterprise software companies
- AI technology and platform companies
- Semiconductor and component manufacturers
- Enterprise companies
- Professional services firms
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- Recommendations for enterprises
- Recommendations for vendors
- Prospects for AI in 2020
- Deep learning with more combinations with traditional ML
- Autonomous driving vehicles will be on roads in the next decade
- Technology trends, extrapolating the last five years
- Analog technology is showing promise
- Energy consumption and the TCO of AI hardware
- The cost of energy will become a factor in decision-making
- AI in the OS: Autonomous OS
- The autonomous operating system reduces risk for users
List of Charts, Figures, and Tables
- Number of AI Papers on arXiv, 2000–2019
- Technology skills trends from Indeed.com 2014–2019
- January 2020 AIR check for analog and photonic AI hardware acceleration
- Google Edge TPU